Monday, December 22, 2014

This Journey

I am not going to tell you that this journey is easy.

I won't even tell you that you will enjoy the experience...

You probably won't
At first

You'll probably have days where you want to just pig out (trust me, it happens to the best of us!).  There will be days when pushing play or heading to the gym just aren't in your lazy-day-sweatpants plans.  

It's at those time, those moment of sheer laziness, of utmost desire to crawl into bed and sleep your awful day away, that you need to push.  Push past the fatigue of your stressful day.  Push past the excuses that you are running through your mind of, "Maybe tomorrow" or "I don't have the energy."


Five minutes.  That's all it takes.  Five tiny minutes of putting your body into motion, and your mood can be changed.  Your bad day can be undone.  Your mind can be cleared.  If you only give it five minutes. 

Don't believe me?  Give it a try.  Right now.  I'll wait....

- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  -

Did you do it?  (I know, I know, probably not... but let's pretend).   SEE!  I told you!!  Now what was it you were so stressed out about before?  (shhh, we are pretending you did your workout.  Just go with it!).

Now, the goal is to do that a minimum of 5 times a week, for at least 30 minutes a day.  Consecutive minutes.  Don't be slick and jog in place for 30 seconds, sixty different times a day... (although, if you did, I give you massive kudos for being able to keep track of such a task).  Get your heart rate up.  Get the sweat coming.  Get your body moving!!  

The question remains:  Do you regret it?  Probably not!  As a matter of fact, I can guarantee that 95%* of the time the answer to that question will be, "NO!" (*I like that number.  95.  Probably not accurate.  It's probably much closer to 100%, but for argument sake, and to satisfy those who stubbornly want to disagree with me, I will keep it at 95 to keep the peace).  

So why am I here?  To lecture you on fitness?  Ha!  No way.  Not my job.  I'm not a nutritionist or a personal trainer.  I'm just a person who is traveling the same long road that many of you are traveling.  I'm here to help.  I'm here to push you, to encourage you, to let you know that you can do it, too!  

You are not alone in this.  You can do this.  Believe it.  Write that down somewhere and look at it every, single day.  And on those days when you feel like you can't (or simply don't want to), reach out to me.  Don't let those days take over.  Once they win once, they win always.  It's hard to fight back when our energy is at zero, but if we do it together, we stand a better chance.

I have faith in you.

Let's do this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment